Saturday, July 2, 2011

Who was the first foreigner to climb Mt. Fuji?

Mt. Fuji is the highest mountain in Japan. Its height is 3,776m. From the foot to the fifth station(=the peak is the tenth station) we can drive. 
I took this picture on my way to Mt. Fuji. It was raining and foggy, but I could see Mt. Fuji by chance.
The third station.  2,000m above sea level. Drive slow.

The fourth station. 2,300m above sea level. You'll soon arrive.


When I arrived at the fifth station, it stopped raining.


I saw another portrait of Sir Rutherford Alcock.

Sir Rutherford Alcock

Plaque

Mt. Ashitaka from the observatory of the fifth station of Mt. Fuji

 Foreign hikers
Rutherford Alcock was the first foreigner to climb Mt. Fuji.What are these people's orders to climb Mt. Fuji as foreigners?
Written and posted by Mitsutoshi Masunari.





No comments:

Post a Comment