Saturday, April 2, 2011

Kamakura is safe.

This is the first posting to my blog after the big earthquake of March 11 which hit the east part of the main island of Japan. I was on the eighth floor of a building at Yokohama station. The building was shaken by the earthquake terribly, but there was few problems in Yokohama and Kamakura so far as I know. I wanted to express my condolences to the victims, so I refrained from posting pictures and comments on my blog. Now I resumed the posting to my blog because I wanted to show you that Kamakura is safe and many people are coming back to Kamakura for sightseeing. Kamakura station



Daigyo-ji Temple in front of the station; a temple for an easy birth and child raising



A drooping cherry tree in the precinct of Hongaku-ji Temple of Kamakura



Ebisu-do in the precinct of Hongaku-ji Temple of Kamakura



A statue of Nichiren who was the founder of the Nichiren-sect of Buddhism in the precinct of Myohon-ji Temple



The Great Buddha of Kamakura saved the Kamakura area.



Tsurugaoka-hachimangu Shrine


 

No comments:

Post a Comment