Friday, June 3, 2011

Nagasaki-2: The former British Consulate of Nagasaki

I was amazed to see a red brick building in Nagasaki. This building was built in 1907 by an engineer named William Cowan for the use of the British Consulate.
This is the entrance gate of theBritish Consulate.
This is the whole structue of the building.
This is the right side of the building.
This is the left side of the building.
I took this picture from the back yard.
This photo shows a boat being moored. It seemed that the coast line was close to the consulate.
This building had been well preserved and used as an art museum. Now it is closed for repairs.

2 comments:

  1. Have a look at:
    http://railwayrider-nagasakiperspectives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for making a comment on my blog. I read your article about British Consulate of Nagasaki and was impressed by the detailed information. I'd like to enjoy your blog from time to time.

      Delete