Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Nagasaki-7 ; Other pictures I took in Nagasaki

I walked around Nagasaki and took pictures randomly.
Holland Street which connects Nagasaki Station and Glover Garden
The first bowling arena in Japan

Castella, a sponge cake was introduced by a Portuguese missionary in 1556. This is the head office of a castella cake shop named 'Bunmeido'
The Nagasaki Highway
A public hall along the Nagasaki Highway
A streetcar
Statue of Peace
An atomic bomb was dropped in the Urakami area of Nagasaki City on August 9, 1945. It was the second atomic bomb attack after Hiroshima was hit on August 6, 1945. 
This is the end of my report about my short trip to Nagasaki on June 1, 2011.
PS
After the sightseeing in Nagasaki, I went to Fukuoka to enjoy a baseball game.

No comments:

Post a Comment