Monday, June 6, 2011

Nagasaki-5 ; Siebold and Narutaki Cram School

This ia a bust of  Philipp Franz Balthasar von Siebold(1796-1866) at a site where he lived and taught western medicine to Japanese would-be doctors in Nagasaki.
This was the entrance to his house.

I already introduced Siebold and his family in my yahoo blog when I went to see his bust in Tsukiji, Tokyo on February 27, 2011. Click here and you will be able to read it.
Anyway I am pleased to see the historic site where Narutaki Cram School existed.  
Written and posted by Mitsutoshi Masunari.
PS
This picture was displayed at Siebold Museum.The left sign(↑) shows Siebold himself and the right one shows his older son who was hired by the British Legation in Tokyo worked with another interpreter Ernest Mason Stow whom I introduced in my yahoo blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment